The Avrora multimarket chain has started cooperation with the Charitable Organization “Charitable Foundation “VETERAN HUB++” within the scope of the Praktyka project, which provides support for the hiring of veterans in the company and the development of veteran-friendly policies, processes and the creation of a system of benefits for employees with military experience. Since signing the memorandum, we have already held 4 training webinars with HR and department heads on “How to work with veterans and make this interaction mutually beneficial.” We discussed such important issues as:
- What professions do veterans choose after returning from military service?
- The path of a veteran as a company employee.
- Selection and adaptation of veterans in the workplace.
- Implementation of ethical communication with veteran employees.
- Psychological self-support for HR and team managers.
Avrora’s employees were also informed about the possibility of receiving free assistance:
- Legal (initial legal advice);
- psychological (psychological support, counselling, crisis counselling, referrals to
- psychotherapists);information (assistance in finding contacts to meet basic needs).
Veterans, defenders and their families can use these services by calling the support line: 067 348 28 68. At the same time, there are spaces and mobile offices in Kyiv and Vinnytsia.
In addition, useful information can be found on the Veteran Hub website:
The memorandum signed by Avrora and the Veteran Hub outlines the main forms of cooperation:
- Information exchange.
- Joint communication campaigns.
- Joint events.
- Joint development of priority projects and creation of conditions for their implementation.
- Monitoring of HR processes and consultations to improve them.
The main goal of this interaction is to help veterans adapt to civilian life after military service.